Friday, November 25, 2011

The World: A Meditation

art by Chris Koelle
from the ground breaking Book of Revelation App



Its grip as fierce as its eyes!
"IT HAS BEGUN!"



The world grabbed me by the throat... 
Choking...

...I begged for mercy.




"There is, provided you can pay for it!"




The World shouted back. 


"Give...me...what...is mine", it shrieked and clamped tighter. 


Why extend this pain and prolong death?
We both knew I had no more to give because what little I had was already taken from me. 

With increasingly little air to breathe I wished it would just finish what it came to do.






I saw NOTHING...
...I HEARD nothing






All strength left my body, I could but raise my eyes to Heaven.





I only felt the weight of The Worlds' talon gripping my flesh, demanding what has already been exacted.


"Why can't I see You?" 

"Lord, What have I done wrong?"

As The World strangles me, all The Flesh can see is a future void. But I know The Flesh has deceived me before; it is not reliable. It is a lair and an accomplice to The World.


Though I see nothing and hear nothing, and though I cannot lift myself up, in my heart and mind I am dancing on His promises; which are faithful and true. The World cannot understand why I smile and squeezes harder in a fit of rage
I close my eyes and continue to dance amongst the stars. Dreaming. Hoping.

the spirit recalls that...     

 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”(1)
So I will...
 Praise him with tambourine and dance;
  praise him with strings and pipe!(2)

because....
 God is not man, that he should lie,
  or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
 Has he said, and will he not do it?
  Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?(3)
for...
  The LORD is gracious and merciful,
  slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
 The LORD is good to all,
  and his mercy is over all that he has made.
 All your works shall give thanks to you, O LORD,
  and all your saints shall bless you!
 They shall speak of the glory of your kingdom
  and tell of your power,
 to make known to the children of man your mighty deeds,
  and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
  and your dominion endures throughout all generations.
 The LORD is faithful in all his words
  and kind in all his works.(4)

__________________________________


"Powerful," is what one reader has related to me in regards to Chris' illustrations. If you enjoy it as well, please visit Chris' etsy site and browse his other prints. They are affordable and make great gifts! Or, you can collect them, like myself. I encourage every reader who was moved by what they saw here to consider supporting this independent artist financially so he can be free to continue bringing us the fruit of his spirit.

"RevelationApp: Chris Koelle - All in a Day's Work"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment