Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Fly


When I pull the wings off of the fly, the fly never wonders why I did it
When I pull the wings off of the fly, the fly never wonders why I did
You know they didn't ever Have to love me. No, no, no.
And no one ever will ever love them now. Oh, oh.

But they, they always wanted some how to save me. Why, oh, why?
For pity's sake, they should've saved themselves. Oh, oh.
But you, you always said I never missed a note. I only ever wanted to be with you.
I only wanted someone to play. Play, play, play.
When I pull the wings off the fly, the fly never wonders why
You know they never really ever had to love me. No, no, no.
But no one will ever love them now. Oh, oh.

But they, they always thought that somehow they could save me.
But why, oh why?
For pity's sake me, they should've saved themselves. But you, you always said
I never missed a note and nobody ever knew me like you do, you do
You always said it's gonna be ok, ok.
I only ever really wanted to be with you.
I only wanted someone to play. Play, play, play.
When I pull the wings off of the fly, the fly never wonders why I did it.

__________________________


I enjoyed this song because it reminded me of our situation with God. When I heard this song, and listened carefully to what was being said, I started thinking about how I felt about God during most of my life; really not liking God and hating Christians. I didn't want to love their God! And that's the whole point, we don't really ever have to love him. But if he's the only thing that is, and will be, and is the key to fulfillment in life as we are created to love him, then who can really ever love us? All flesh will will fail us, even our own. When he pulled the wings off the fly, removing us from the heights of glory in Eden, it was for our benefit. He limited the effects of our creative potential, putting space and time in order to temper the effects of our thoughts. He also protected the whole of mankind, yet born, from being separated from him for all eternity.

Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—” therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life. Genesis 3:22–24 (ESV)

But, many never ask why, and just simply hate Him. When on the cross, people said that he could save others, why not save himself. Oh, if they only knew that he was there to save them, not the other way around. For pities sake, they should save themselves.

“He saved others; he cannot save himself. He is the King of Israel; let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God; let God deliver him now, if he desires him. For he said, ‘I am the Son of God.’ ” And the robbers who were crucified with him also reviled him in the same way.   Matthew 27:42–44 (ESV)

He created us for his joy and his pleasure and joy. He has great plans for us, and he loves children, who play and play. And for those of who love him, we say he never missed a note, we love his song of salvation, it is not off key.


No comments:

Post a Comment